Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Werewolf Song inspired by Blood and Chocolate!

Well, the fact that Craig Robertson commented on my last post and tipped me off to a great movie reminded me to get my butt in gear and tell you about the wonderful song he sent me a few weeks ago called "Werewolf Country". It will be on his next CD due out in the summer of 2009. He composed the song after his 12 year-old daughter convinced him to read Blood and Chocolate. I was blown away that someone would be inspired to write a song because of the book, and very impressed with a father who shares his daughter's reading experiences with enthusiasm. The song is catchy and right on the mark, although I have to say I would have never linked werewolves and ukuleles in the same thought stream before this. LOL
Apparently there is a whole ukulele movement that I was unaware of which has enlightened me as to how cool and diverse ukulele music can be. Check out Ukulele Noir.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. Thanks for the plug, Annette. If you want to see a very impromptu performance of "Werewolf Country" with my daughter and girlfriend....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-wt-NevJs

Annette said...

That is so cool! Hi, Zoe! Great job!

holly cupala said...

That's really cool, Annette! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Blogs on a bus and then some said...

the ukeleles remind me of aiden somehow. I dont know why, he was kind of a hipster/hippie kid.