Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Werewolf Song inspired by Blood and Chocolate!

Well, the fact that Craig Robertson commented on my last post and tipped me off to a great movie reminded me to get my butt in gear and tell you about the wonderful song he sent me a few weeks ago called "Werewolf Country". It will be on his next CD due out in the summer of 2009. He composed the song after his 12 year-old daughter convinced him to read Blood and Chocolate. I was blown away that someone would be inspired to write a song because of the book, and very impressed with a father who shares his daughter's reading experiences with enthusiasm. The song is catchy and right on the mark, although I have to say I would have never linked werewolves and ukuleles in the same thought stream before this. LOL
Apparently there is a whole ukulele movement that I was unaware of which has enlightened me as to how cool and diverse ukulele music can be. Check out Ukulele Noir.

4 comments:

Craig Robertson said...

Ha. Thanks for the plug, Annette. If you want to see a very impromptu performance of "Werewolf Country" with my daughter and girlfriend....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-wt-NevJs

Annette said...

That is so cool! Hi, Zoe! Great job!

hollycupala said...

That's really cool, Annette! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Green Eliir said...

the ukeleles remind me of aiden somehow. I dont know why, he was kind of a hipster/hippie kid.