Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our Lily is a Star part 1

Usually I am the only family member who has her name in a book, but not this month.

A while back now, my husband encouraged me to enter our three-legged Siamese cat in a Web competition run by Mutts comics. People were asked to submit the rescue stories of their pets to be considered for inclusion in a collection of Shelter Stories by cartoonist Patrick McDonnell. Well, MUTTS Shelter Stories: Love. Guaranteed. is now out--and there's our Lily on page ninety-four! Her picture kicks off a section of cartoon strips about Eddie-Do, a three-legged cat.

They used a paragraph from the entry I sent in, but didn't mention that she found her forever home with us through Siamese Rescue, so I thought I'd let you know here.

My husband and I are thrilled that Lily was included, especially since this wonderful book promotes animal rescue and adoption. Lily seems rather nonchalant, however. She's sleeping in front of my monitor right now, totally oblivious to her new-found fame.

No comments: